I have come to LOVE Idaho, it is such a great place to live! I love the open space, the agricultural community, the fact that everyone's kids ride horses, etc. And one of my favorite things I've grown to love is gleaning potatoes at potato harvest time. I don't know if it's the beautiful October weather, the fact that I get to walk through a field and pick up free food or the fact that I never have to buy potatoes, but whatever the reason, I love it.
Clark's parents have some people in their ward who grow potatoes, so when they harvest their crop, they call them and invite them to come over to the field and pick up the left over potaotes. Kyson loved watching the huge "broom-broom-brooms" harvest the potatoes, and loved walking through the dirt all afternoon. In about an hours time we gleaned enough for Roy and Brenda, Clark and I, and my family for the year.
 |
| The official overseer, truck pointer outer, and potato spotter. |
 |
| Apple break. |
 |
| Get me out of this truck! |
1 comment:
Kyson those pumkins look a little messy on your hands! We are glad you have parents who help you build fond memories! Kyson...Brmm...Brmm...I love you
Post a Comment