Monday, November 28, 2011

Hang on to time!

This is something my mom always said to me, "hang on to time!" Now I realize why she said it. Kyson seems like he has grown up so much in the past few weeks. Clark and I used to say, "it will be fun when Kyson can turn over, crawl, walk, etc." 

But we both agree that he can stop growing now. We don't want him to get a day older. 

He is our little buddy. He is so happy, helpful, smart, energetic, sweet lately!!!

He helps me set the table, clean the mirrrors, vacuum, cook, take out the trash, check the mail, and has started pointing to his bottom when he is stinky. He is fairly obedient, and understands most things I ask him to do. The neighbors downstairs have named him "happy feet," because they hear him prancing around all day long.








I never want to forget the way he walks around the house saying "mama, dada, mama, dada, mama, dada..." over and over again. Or how he steals something that I have on my lap and says "ha-ha-ha" and gives me that toothy grin. Or how he carries a matchbox car in both hands ALL DAY LONG. He never puts them down, EVER. Or how he likes wearing his snow boots around the house. Or how he pulls me into the front room each morning to build our lego garage for his cars for the day. Each day we do a new design, and they are getting pretty elaborate. Or how he loves to go out side and look for dogs, trucks, tractors, birds, and airplanes. Or how he wants me to do EVERYTHING with him. If he is playing cars, he wants me sitting next to him playing. If he is watching a movie, he wants me sitting next to him watching. This gets old at times, and makes it hard to get things done, but I realize that he won't be like this forever, and I should cherish it while it lasts.


2 comments:

Alicia and Roger said...

Katie, this is exactly how I feel. She even made me mad yesterday with her meltdown on the subway station floor- again! But then we got on the train, and she sat in my lap and reached to hold my hand for the ride. Ahhh... LOVE.

Brenda said...

Time really does fly enjoy those precious moments! You will someday be old like us and as you ponder the joy your children brought to you. Memories of some of the things they said as a child like "hold you Mommy" or "I Love you Dad" will come rushing back and you will wish you could. There is no greater joy in life as a young couple than your children! There is nothing Roy and I enjoyed more than spending time with our children. Love Brenda