Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lovin Life Again!

This post may be boring, but I want to record my change of heart in Texas and a couple things I've been thinking about lately. The first couple months Texas was just...another place to live and work and go to school...and it was really hot...and I didn't have family near to ease the monotony of work and school.

One day I decided that I needed to change my attitude, because I hated BYU-Idaho for the first little while, and it is now one of my favorite places on earth. So I tried to find things to love about Texas...I didn't come up with many at first...but then a cold front came along...and I started to feel fall in the air!

I LOVE fall, even though the trees don't change colors here, if I close my eyes, it feels like a good old Utah/Idaho fall! I love wearing sweaters, I love sleeping with a blanket again! I am a new person...and I'm loving life! Me and Clark sit out on our balcony, our pepper plants are finally producing peppers, we go to the park and play frisbee, we went to a forest area near us and walked through the trails...it's been great.
These are pictures of fall that my Grandpa and Grandma from Utah sent me, I love the colors!

I also LOVE General Conference...speaking of which, something that Elder Eyring said during the R.S. Broadcast was that the early founders of the LDS hospital finally sold the hospital because their talents and energies were needed by the Lord in different places. Sometimes there are changes in our lives and even though what we were doing may have been good, the Lord needs our talents in different places now. It helps us grow.


Lastly, here are a couple pictures that make me laugh every time I see them. I am the speed component in our marriage, and Clark is the quality control. Here are a couple of "quality control" notes I have found posted around our apartment!



(This is a non-stick pan that I constantly forget and spray with PAM)

(Clark is scared I will catch our apartment on fire because I often forget to empty the lint!!)

4 comments:

Amber and Mike said...

Too funny about the notes that your hubby writes!

Even though the leaves aren't showing their colors yet, they will. It just takes a lot longer than UT. Oh, I'm also loving the weather! Cool and crisp...

(p.s. Cute Blog...I'm excited to read more)

Heather said...

I had to laugh about your lint note! I do the same thing, and Beau is CONSTANTLY reminding me to empty it! I'm slowly getting better at it!

Brenda said...

I'm glad it has cooled of in Texas. I was wondering if the cold snowy winter months were worse than the heat. I guess it is all what you get used to. You are doing great looking forward to seeing you soon for the holidays! We love and miss you both

Brenda said...

I just had to say I don't know anyone who loves life more than you Katie. Thanks for your example.