Sunday, November 17, 2013

Geneology...and October.

To say we've been crazy lately is a huge understatement.

We have never been this crazy in our entire lives. It's not a good crazy. It's a 'I hope we can survive the month of November and stay sane' kind of crazy.

Clark is a full time nursing student.
He works two days in the ICU as a CNA.
He has monthly window washing clients.
He hangs Christmas lights...that people don't want up before Halloween...but want up by the day after Thanksgiving.
He is in the Elder's Quorum Presidency.
I work one day a week.
I have YW every Wednesday night...and have YW in Excellence, lessons, etc.
We have two wonderful, but very busy sons.
Roy and Brenda get home in 3 days.
We have been moving all our stuff downstairs...and moving a little of Roy and Brenda's stuff upstairs to make room for us downstairs.
I have been cleaning...and attempting to winterize the yard by myself.
We are building a house and trying to decide on floor plans, colors, upgrades, etc.

So...we will be very thankful when our CRAZY November is over.

BUT...last week in Sunday school we had a lesson on genealogy and I thought it was GREAT. The teacher talked about how important it was to document our history as well as learn about our families history. 

She said "we don't expect anyone to do everything...but we expect everyone to do something." The week before we taught our YW how to do indexing...and I have been trying to do a little of that. I also keep a journal and keep this blog to record our history. 

So I thought I'd take a break today and do a little blog catch up. My contribution to our geneology.

Clark and James are from the same mold. Clark walks around the house like this...with floss hanging out of his mouth. I always tell him it's gross. In fact, it's the only thing he does that grosses me out! The other day he was doing it and James started whining and pointing to it. So, Clark gave him a piece of floss...and James did the same thing!!!! Gross!

Finished canning with the last of the tomatoes.

One morning I hadn't made breakfast yet...and came out to find the boys eating marshmallows. Awesome.

Bad pictures from my phone...but one of my best friends from high school got married in October. Jessie, Kati and I have been BEST friends since 3rd grade...and I love her to death. She married a great guy...who happens to be from Sweeden. So she moved to Sweeden and seems very happy!


Some of my favorite girls in the world. Jessica Turner, Berkely Kershiznik, and Kati Barlow.

Adventure. Education. 

Me and three girls from my ward have been doing a preschool for these boys. They love it...and all love guns. So we did a bear hung for the letter 'B.'

Writing emails to Uncle Bubba.

We got to have a sleep over with Mckenna, Ava, Jacob, Hazel and Lydia while Don and Angie were in Hawaii. Kyson loved having his 'friends' here. They made a fort and all slept in it.

The two destructors. 

The kids helped me pick apples, and then Mckenna and Ava helped me make apple pies. They actually were kind of yucky. Note to self...don't use butter flavored shortening when making pie crusts:)

More forts.




1 comment:

Brenda said...

Looks like a fun busy time with cousins. Thanks for helping each other.