It's hard to believe that I have a three-year-old. He really does seem old lately. Maybe that's because he says stuff like this to me ALL DAY LONG:
Me: Kyson will you __________? Kyson: "Well sure Katie."
"Oh my, oh my, oh my."
Me: running on the treadmill, runny really fast, gasping for breath. Kyson: "Mom, you are going to fast. You probably need to rest. You are so fast I just can't believe it. You are doing a good job Mom. You better slow down so I can catch you."
Me: Getting after Kyson for doing who knows what. Kyson: "Mom, please just be nice to me."
Me: Kyson, do you remember the little boy in the book who was really reverant at church? Kyson: "I'm not reverent at church. I'm not quiet."
We celebrated his birthday a day early because Clark had class on his real birthday, and then right when Clark was done with class, we met in town and switched cars, and I worked until 7:30 pm. But he didn't know the difference, and loved every minute of his birthday glory!
Kyson got a scooter, and has LOVED it.
He requested "fire" in every item of food he ate that day.
Kyson had to turn in his binkie to get his birthday presents this year. We threw them all in the trash, and then took them to the dump before we could have second thoughts about it. He has asked for it a couple times, but I've just told him that his binkies are at the dump, and that he is a big boy now. And he's been pretty good about it. He still takes 3-hour-naps each day! Hallelujah!
Kyson has been really into items lately. He will pick two or three things and carry them around all day, and in his bed at night. Then he will move onto new things a few days later. Some things he has chosen lately are his scooter, this pair of goggles, the flag from our bike trailer, and a flashlight.
Kyson seriously is awesome. I love being with him. He is sweet, sensitive, very talkative, funny, smart, caring, obedient and curious. He seems to know when to be crazy, and when it would be wise for his mother's sake to take it down a notch.
His favorite things are:
reading
coloring
digging in the dirt with a shovel
hunting for asparagus along fence lines with Daddy
anything that has anything to do with Dean Dimond
church and nursery
having friends over
his brother James
anything remotely related to being a farmer/cowboy
going on missions
singing songs
looking at pictures on the computer
super why
movie nights with popcorn
pancakes with peanut butter
I sure love him!




2 comments:
I love that kid! Happy Birthday, Kyson! We miss you, and are excited to visit SOOOOON!
Katie, I haven't checked up on your blog in a long time! Your posts gave me a good chuckle. Especially the slip story. I miss you! Happy be-lated birthday to Kyson from all of us!
Post a Comment