I have done a terrible job and documenting James' infant-hood...so here's a little post just for him. James is 8-months-old and is such a sweet boy. I get sad thinking about how fast he's grown up...I feel like with Kyson I was always looking forward to the next milestone and wanting him to grow up just a little...now with James I realize how fast it goes, and I want him to stay the way he is now forever!
He was a little late sitting, and conquered it at 7-months. He is now army crawling and speed-rolling all over the house. He can get anywhere he wants. He has a little more spitfire than Kyson ever did. If you take something from James, or do something that he doesn't like, he throws his head back, screams, and lets you know that you messed up! As long as you don't take something from him, and he is full, he is happy though! He will just sit and watch and laugh at Kyson for hours.
At about 6 months he started sleeping through the night. This is wonderful! Kyson would always wake up because he lost his binkie and we'd have to go give it to him. He didn't sleep through the night consistently until 18 months. James is a sleeping champ. He takes an hour nap in the morning, and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. He goes to bed at 6:30 pm and wakes up at 6:00 am.
He is a little chubby...(at least on our baby chubby scale). He loves the baby food that I made from last year's leftover garden stuff. He doesn't really like baby food from the store. He knows what the good stuff is!
We have started calling him the "bulldog." Because he has these cute chubby cheeks, and he doesn't give out smiles too hastily. In fact, he really only laughs for Kyson. Clark and I can stand on our head, and he won't crack. But Kyson can always get him rolling. He has a little scowl he gives multiple times throughout the day to anyone who tries to talk to him.
He doesn't mind going to other people besides Mommy, and has won over some hearts of older ladies at church.
Kyson and I call him bugaboo and Jimbo.
He melts my heart, and I'm so glad he's mine!


No comments:
Post a Comment