Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer is here!

Summer is here, and I'm so glad it is. I have my husband back! We have stayed plenty busy with work, and Clark catching up on all the window washing...but we have time each night to spend as a family, and that makes life so much more enjoyable:)

Our garden is in full bloom, and we are enjoying lettuce, spinach, radishes, broccoli and cauliflower currently. The peas are coming on and soon my days with be spend picking and podding. Clark loves that garden as his third child, and spends time each day it in. If I want to make Clark happy, I weed the garden. One night I was out with the boys wedding the raspberry patch when he drove up the lane from work. I haven't seen him so happy in a long time...I think he may have shed a tear of joy. 

The fun thing about this summer, is that we both have the option with our work to pick up an extra shift whenever we want. Clark works two 12-hour shifts at the hospital each week. I work one 11-hour shift at the urgent care each week. But last week, we both picked up an extra shift because we have been wanting to buy bikes...and once we got our paycheck, we headed out to buy our toys. We also just bought a camper shell for the truck so we can have some fun outdoor adventures this summer. It's fun to have to option to make a little extra money that we don't feel guilty blowing on purely fun stuff!

Our friends, the Corbridges, also came to visit for a couple days. We played outside, cooked yummy meals, and OF COURSE played lots of games until midnight or later:) One night we (Clark, Amber and I) came in from planting some corn in the garden and found Mike sitting at the kitchen table with three board games completely set up for us. We had to laugh...Clark's therapy each day is working in the garden, Mike's therapy each day is reading game instruction manuals, and playing games. To each his own:)






1 comment:

Brenda said...

It looks like the old farm still manages to keep everyone busy working or playing. We miss the fresh vegetables and good food from the garden. You guys are doing such a good job with your family! We enjoyed seeing you get together with the cousins for a bike ride! Good job and thanks for all the fun updates with your family.
I love you!
Mom, Brenda & Grandma