Friday, October 14, 2011

End of Summer

Okay, first off, remember this?


Well, a couple weeks ago, this came in the mail: 
I'm convinced mine is still coming in the mail, it just got delayed:)


Clark got first place in his age category. Clark just kills me sometimes, he is good at everything he tries. He only trained up to 3-4 miles for this half marathon, and he got first. Once I thought I could beat him at tennis because I played tennis growing up and he hadn't ever played...no...he won me! 

 Yummy, Sand!


 Date night with Kyson along, glow in the dark frisbee in the park.

Next, my Mom gave me this book for Kyson's first birthday. If you know my Mom, you know this is a classic Karen Williams book. She hates electronics and social networking. She believes in calling people and talking to them face to face, mailing people letters, and good old fashion communication. The summer after my first year of college I would be down in my room and would call her on the house phone from my cell phone to ask her something and it would drive her crazy!! 

 Anyways, this book is awesome, it has TONS of really simple games using items from around the house for kids from age 1-12. And so for family night we made this tunnel and slid rocks down it. Kyson loved it. He did it about 100 times in a row.

 Clark likes taking Kyson over to see the horses while I'm at clinical.

 Midterms. I hesitate to post such a beautiful picture of myself for the public viewing. However, sometimes I look at other people's blogs and think that they are perfect, and I enjoy when I see pictures of people that confirm to me that I am not the only one who showers and puts sweats back on!

At 17 months, Kyson is finally out of the bumbo and into a highchair. And, he's in nursery. I can't believe how much I'm getting out of gospel doctrine now!


2 comments:

Amber and Mike said...

ok, I need that book!! What a great idea.

OH, and I'm totally diggin the new headboard for your bed...lol. Maybe we should come up and help you make it look...well...never mind. :)

Y'all look like you're having fun, and I can't believe how big Ky-bo is getting. He's cute!

Brenda said...

Looks like you had a great time with family and friends! I'm with your Mom I think we should get unplugged too!