Saturday, June 16, 2012

Camping with the Williams

This last week we went camping with my family. It was so fun to go camping again, it has been a while since we've done it. (I guess you could count the spider-infested-city-camping we did in Texas...but I'm talking about good-ol' camping in the forest!)

We went up near Payson Lake in Utah, and it was beautiful. We were the only ones around since we went Monday-Wednesday, and it was so nice! My favorite part about camping is sitting around the camp fire every night and talking to my family. We always play psychiatrist at night (which if you have not done with my family is a must-do!) 

We also fished every night at the lake before it got dark. Clark had success and so did my brothers and my youngest sister Lauren. I didn't get pictures of this though...sad! I didn't fish because out of state fishing licenses are expensive...geesh! So I had fun sitting on the shore with Kyson feeding ducks and collecting rocks and throwing them into the water...only to collect them again.

We left early because of work, but we were so glad we got to go for a couple days. 

Our campsite was right against this mountain side, and Kyson loved climbing up this big hill with my siblings and then sliding down it. "wow...fass (fast)," he would say!

Ma and Pa getting dinner ready.

Deer!


Kyson loved being outside 24/7 and being able to get dirty. He especially loved the squirrels and baby squirrels (chipmunks) that were constantly running around our camp.



We hiked up to a pretty waterfall.

Not so sure about the water

Nice legs Ty!

Clark and Blake climbed up the side of this mountain by the waterfall.

Devils Kitchen

Devils Kitchen

Mt. Nebo...the tallest peak in the Wasach Mountains. We want to climb this someday.


Driving home...he likes having his sunglasses on if Clark or I do. He's quite the copy-cat lately!
And don't judge us for the binkie...we do what we have to do on long drives!

4 comments:

Amber and Mike said...

loved the pictures! Looks like a lot of fun...but never will I forget the spider-infested campground in TX ;/ lol

Good times!

Mardi said...

Hey Katie. Looks like y'all are doing well. We are due on the same day, I think - the 8th of October. I anticipate going early since I did with my other two, but we shall see...take care!

The Wyatt's said...

Thanks for hanging out with me today! Your pictures kinda make me want to go camping. Looks like fun. I love Kyson's sunglasses and binki. What a cutie!

Doutre Family said...

I'm so sad we couldn't be there too! You are the favorite child because mom didn't even tell me they were going camping!