Since my in-laws are on a mission, I'm going to try to blog a little something once a week so that they can stay updated on our lives. These first few pictures are Kyson's belated birthday gift that arrived in the mail. It has been a big hit and he has loved playing "babeball" and doing "jams."
Next off...we now live on the farm.
It is beautiful. I love the look of a field being watered at sunrise or sunset, I don't think there is a prettier sight in the world.
I love that I don't have neighbors and that after I put Kyson to bed I can go sit on a bucket in the garden and pull weeds and just think and no one thinks I'm weird!
I love that we spend an hour or two outside each day in the fresh air because Kyson LOVES it outside.
I love having a big garden.
I actually haven't even minded weeding the big garden yet:)
Kyson is filthy after being outside each day. I bought him rain boots so he could move pipe with Clark. He tromps around in those things, jumps and sits in puddles, then sits in the dirt. Tries to squeeze bugs with his bare hands. Steps on my carefully planted garden rows. Loves to help with the mini shovel in the garden. Continues to love the four wheelers. Loves watching the crop-dusters (airplanes) fly down so close to us. Loves all of Grandma and Grandpa's play tractors that they left in the toy room.
Things I still need to learn to love:
Housework takes three times as long when you live in a big house. I vacuumed the other day and it took 35 minutes!
Tons of laundry from all of the work clothes Clark and Kyson go through.
Spiders. Lots of them.
Driving 30 minutes to get to any type of store, gas station, etc.
Lastly, I'll record this story so I can remember it:
Kyson loves to clean with me. He usually is a great helper and especially loves cleaning the bathroom with me. He has done it probably 20 times and he knows the routine.
Well, on Saturday I was trying to get the house clean. I was also making cookies because Clark had his ten-year high school reunion last weekend, and we were having about 6 of his best friends and their wives over that night for games and dessert.
So, Kyson and I were cleaning the bathroom and I heard the oven timer go off. We were about to start on the bathtub, so I gave Kyson a little scrubber and told him to start cleaning the tub while I took the cookies out of the oven. Harmless right? A two-year-old with a scrubber and an empty tub. I made sure the cleaning supplies were up on the counter.
So I ran out to the kitchen, pulled the cookies out and moved them from the cookie sheet to the counter to cool. I heard Kyson coughing in the bathroom, asked if he was okay and he said "yes."
When I returned to the bathroom approximately 45 seconds later, I found Kyson in a cloud of dust diligently scrubbing the tub with comet. A LOT of comet. Somehow he had climbed up on the counter, grabbed the comet, gotten back down to the tub, and emptied the entire comet bottle into the tub. He looked so proud of himself. And how could I get mad at him?? He was doing exactly what we always do when we clean the tub, he just got amount of cleaner necessary for the job wrong.
I cleaned up what I could of the mound of comet and snapped these pictures. Then I thanked him for his help, and send him outside with two freshly baked cookies to "help" Clark for a little while so I could clean up the bathroom!!
Kuddos to him though...he actually got most of the comet in the tub, not all over the bathroom. And, as far as cleaners go, comet is pretty cheap!
So Brenda, it is possible that your tub is as clean as it's ever been right now, because I had to scrub it about ten times to get the entire bottle of comet away!!
3 comments:
I love the boots you'll have to let me know where to get some because Robert is attracted to the same trouble that Kyson seems to be and we need those boots! If I've learned anything about having a boy I just figure on going through at least two or three outfits a day if we are going to be outside at all then try not to get worked up when he sits in the middle of a puddle and shoves handfuls of dirt into his mouth. Usually I have the routine of stripping Robert down naked before going in the house then hosing him off in the tub. Wish we lived closer I think Kyson and Robert would be best buds not to mention the crafting we could get done!
lol you gotta love our Boys!! :) I'm so glad you got moved over and enjoying the farm. I've learned that being a mom there is always so much to do and when you clean up one mess there's always another right behind. Then you go to bed and wake up to do it all over again! You have been very busy too Katie, thanks for the short visit, it was good to see you!
We are glad you are enjoying some of the wonders of farm life! Your garden looks great and I bet you are enjoying eating from it. Kyson I love the watering boots! We miss giving you rides on the four wheeler. I love you, GMB
Post a Comment