
Twice in my life that I can recall reality has hit me over the head like a brick! Both of these times took place at Olive Garden.
The first time was the day after Clark and I got married. We were staying in Salt Lake City for a few days before we flew out to Hawaii for our Honeymoon. We went out to eat and waited on a bench in downtown Salt Lake for our disk to light up so we could go eat delicious salad, bread sticks and pasta. The marriage was over, all the hype and pipe was over and we both had a moment of "what now..." Reality set in that we were married life would be different forever! (Luckily this different has been an incredible kind of different and I've loved every minute of it!)
The second time was tonight. Clark and I were going to costco and he started driving in a different direction and pulled up at the Olive Garden. He said he wanted to take me out since it was our last night with just the two of us. When he said this everything kind of hit me!They are starting me tomorrow night because I'm low on amniotic fluid and they say that our baby is quite big already. So, as we sat there in our car waiting for our disk to light up, I once again thought that my life will change forever after tonight.
Marriage has been a wonderful kind of change, I have no doubt that becoming parents will be wonderful as well. However, marriage was painless, and I must admit...I'm getting terrified for childbirth!
So here's to change and all that comes with it. Come what may and love it!
12 comments:
good luck with delivery and congrat on the new baby.
Good luck Katie!! Don't be terrified. It will all work out, and it is the most amazing experience. Can't wait to see pictures!! Your life won't ever be the same, but it's a change for the better, just like marriage.
I remember all to well our last dinner we had together just the two of us. We went to the Macaroni Grill the night before we had Taylor...we were so nervous! And now look, we already have three kids! It goes by fast Katie, just cherish every moment with your new little one...and good luck with the delivery - you'll do great!
good luck katie! you are going to be a fantastic mom! every new chapter in life gets even better than the last! :)
Katie, you are so awesome! You will make an amazing mother. I hope everything goes well with the delivery and congrats on your new sweet baby!
♥ Michele
I'm so excited for you, Kate! I can't wait to see pictures and hear/see how wonderful this new little boy is! You really will be a fantastic mother... I have no doubt about that at all!!! Love you, girl :)
I think at the exact same time that you were at Olive Garden yesterday Jed and I were at the movies and I thought about you two. It dawned on me that yesterday was your last day as "just the two" and Jed and I both smiled a little. Things never stay the same and all these changes are so wonderful. Your life will be richly blessed with your little ones about you. Ours make us smile each day and help us become better by the things they teach us! Some days will be long, hard, and exhausting, but all worth it!! We love you guys and are thinking of you every minute!
Congrats Katie! That's so exciting!! Can't wait to see pictures!
Well Clark & Katie your dinner is over and life just became better than you ever dreamed just wait and see! We love you three! Mom Brenda
Just checking to see pictures of your new man! Ava and I are excited to see him! When I clicked on your blog Ava said, "I wonder why Clark is wearing that necklace?!" I had to explain to her that in Hawaii it's o.k. for boys to wear flower necklaces. Kinda hard for a preschooler to comprehend!
Yeah, where are more pictures?? And the "delivery" post on your blog? Just kidding, take your time! We're so happy for you guys. Just wanted you to know we're thinking of you guys.
Oh Katie good luck! I will be thinking and praying for you! This is such an exciting time! (haha I love how both those moments happened at the Olive Garden--I need to go there more often :))
Post a Comment