It all started when the make shift ice pack I had made burst open at 3:45 am all over me and my side of the bed.
(Background: The day before was 105 degrees, our air conditioning bill was 211$ so we had the air turned WAY down, and I had assured Clark multiple times that I always used to make ice packs by putting ice cubes in a ziplock bag as a child, I told him that they always seemed to leak during the night so I had double bagged ours this time so he had NOTHING to worry about. I think he even said "famous last words" after I told him this, he didn't use his, I went to sleep hugging mine!)
I got up changed my clothes, layed some towels down and asked Clark if he would scoot over. He was a very loving husband and scooted over and we shared 1/2 of a queen bed for the rest of the night.
(Note: while reading the rest of the post remember that Clark and I are both taking 5 week classes right now, and every free second we have should be spent studying!)
Woke up...it had rained...thus it was cooler...so we went from 7-9 to play tennis at a school nearby.
From 9-1 we tended our friends daughter so they could go out, we had way to much fun playing with her.
At about 1:30 pm we decided that we wanted to go do something spiratic and fun, so we took off for six flags. We spent the rest of the afternoon riding the most intense rides I've ever been on. By 6:00pm we were both nauseated and ready to go home.
We went home, ate dinner, and talked ourselves into stuyding...by 7:00 pm we had decided to make home made strawberry ice cream.
By 8:00 pm the sound of the screeching bugs that constantly make a very loud noise outside our apartment was driving Clark crazy. He usually disappears for about ten minutes when the bugs are bugging him and climbs the trees, finds out where they are, and throws rocks at him. He told me that he would love to see me try to get rid of the bugs because you have to be really "creative" to find them. For the rest of the night we shot bugs out of trees with a water gun.
9:30 We went to bed. No ice pack. We couldn't have studied for more than 1/2 hour...
6 comments:
What a good day. Every once in a while you need a little escape form the 'norm.' Maybe your next escape can be..UTAH!
I have always wanted to go to six flags! How fun! And 105 degrees is terrible...it's impossible to concentrate on anything OR fall asleep when you're sweating like crazy!
You guys are lookin' great!
haha, i think i just wet my pants laughing. oh katers. how i miss you.
Sounds like a fun day. I agree that every once in a while you just need a break! I think we had those same bugs in Omaha. They are so loud and annoying!
Does our motel have the same temp. and bugs? Will it be 105 when we come to see you? I guess if we can laught about it like you we will have fun what ever happens right? You guys are great keep up the good work! I love you Mom Brenda
Oh Katie, how I miss you! You crack me up :) I love it! A nice sporadic break is good . . . just don't do it too often! Haha. If I think of any fantastic ways to get rid of bugs, I'll be sure to pass them on! Loves!
Post a Comment