Sunday, June 21, 2009

Apartment, Dads and Report

This is our new apartment in Texas, We finally got everything hung up or shoved in a closet!

Also just wanted to wish both our Fathers a Happy Fathers Day! Clark and I both have incredible dads. I feel so lucky to have the dad that I do, and feel so blessed to have married into a family with such a great dad. We love you both very much!


We also wanted to report on the talk that Mom Wyatt sent us to read. The talk was "Priesthood Blessings" by Elder James E. Faust. The talk is about how priesthood blessings can help us and how we can come to know the Lord's love for us and will for us through these blessings. Here were some parts that stuck out in particular to me and Clark:

"If through our priesthood blessings, we could perceive only a small part of the person God intends us to be, we would lose our fear and never doubt again."

Clark and I have gone through some big changes lately, and at times it is hard to see the future and to know what steps to take. At times there is fear about the uncertainty of it all, but this sentence reminds us that someone greater than us is in control and that we need not fear.

"We know that the gospel always has and always will operate through families."

Clark and I have always loved our families and spending time with them, but especially since moving away from them we have missed them so much. We imagine what our families are doing, we love talking to them, skyping with them, and I can't wait for Christmas to see them. We also hope to have a family of our own someday that we can share the gospel with.

"All blessings come from God. Our Heavenly Father knows His children. He knows their strengths and weaknesses. He knows their capabilities and potential. Our patriarchal blessings indicate what He expects of us and what our potential can be."

We love that Heavenly Father knows us personally and has given us a guide to help us through life!

2 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

I enjoyed reading your comments. I'd better get to work and post about that talk. I think I handed it to Don and told him it was his turn since I did the last one but I think we both forgot about it. You two make such a great couple. The little children that get to come to your family will be so lucky! It was good to talk to you yesterday. Hopefully your dinner turned out yummy!

Brenda said...

Your Treat will be on the way next week good job! We miss seeing you both also. We are thankful for phones and computers so we can stay in contact. Good job on your test Clark! We love you both Mom Brenda