Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What a sweetheart!

Having a kid was the best idea Clark and I ever had. Kyson is truly our best friend and we love doing stuff with him. We really don't do much on the weekends because we have so much fun having family movie night, working in the yard together, picking peas, etc. He helps me all day long with cooking, cleaning, & laundry. Every morning he wakes up and wants to make "cookies" for breakfast. When he says "cookies" he means pancakes from scratch. He knows exactly how many teaspoons of baking powder and sugar go in the recipe because he puts them in each morning.

Some of my favorite things that Kyson does lately are:

Yells out the window to Clark, "breakfast dear...." 
"DEAR!" (in an exasperated voice that is so funny because I know he says it that way because he's heard me do it a million times)
"Hey little buddy" (whenever he sees Clark because that's what Clark calls him)
"my sweetheart" (because that's what I call him)
"Bye Bye Love Ya" (To everyone, including nursery leaders, grocery store clerks, etc)

I am already sad for when he leaves for college/mission. I know this is weird. But I truly am. I watch Finding Nemo with him and I almost cry when Nemo leaves for school, because it makes me so sad that my little buddy will someday do something other than be my sidekick. 

The first picture below was posed for, the next two were not. Kyson frequently during meals will pull Clark's arm over to him and want a hug or to eat for a while with their arms around each other. It's adorable, and I hope he never stops doing it.




Our garden is in full bloom and our squash, melons and cucumbers are finally growing well! Kuddos to Clark. Our peas are almost done, and I've spent my last two weeks picking and podding peas. Kyson LOVES fresh peas and will sit out by the garden while I pick and eat peas for hours. 



We are loving life and are so glad we have each other. Family really is an amazing thing. Who would have thought that you could have so much fun with a husband and a two-year-old???

2 comments:

Amber and Mike said...

Katie and Clark- you both are wonderful parents! I loved being able to see how much you love each other. That was such a good example to me... Kyson is SUCH A SWEETHEART!!! He will be so sweet with baby ;)

Brenda said...

Well you really know how to make us homesick what a bumper crop of peas! Hope you enjoyed some good company or watched a good movie during all the podding. It is crazy how you are really glad when you finally pull the last pea out. We laughed, smiled and enjoyed the basketball shots, the new fire pit and are amazed at all you have accomplished. Hope you don't let the farm work you too hard. Love you all! Dad & Mom, Grandpa & Grandma Wyatt