Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thoughts on pregnancy!

I'm 30 weeks pregnant now. I don't know if I ever even posted that I was pregnant, but I am.

I have been extremely bad about documenting it, so I thought I'd put down a couple things so I can remember them.

I was sick again, but not for as long. I only took Zofran from weeks 7-16, then I started doing a Unisom each night and a vitamin B6 and ginger supplement each morning. This seemed to help as much as the Zofran. I threw up the last time with Kyson at 33 weeks. The last time I threw up was at 26 weeks with this child. I still take a 1/2 a Unisom each night, because whenever I don't I throw up...but anything is better than what I did with Kyson!

The first 16 weeks I felt SOOOOOOO tired and worn out. I don't remember feeling this way with Kyson. I couldn't believe it, it was all I could do to get out of bed and shower each day. Around 16 weeks I really started perking up and things have been good since then.

I have heartburn, which I did with Kyson as well, it is annoying, but manageable.

I haven't felt this little boy kick nearly as much as Kyson did. The doctor said my placenta is anterior meaning it is on the front side of my uterus. So he said I probably won't feel the kicks as strong because the baby is having to kick through a much thicker surface.

I'm 30 weeks and feel like I'm as big as I ever got with Kyson! I don't know if that's just how I remember it or not. But I know that I am SUPER excited to go on a long run again and be able to paint my toe nails without getting out of breath. 

Enough about that, we are extremely excited to meet another little boy. Every time I look at Kyson I think of the joy he brings me, and think about that joy doubling. I don't know if I'm ready to do the no sleep thing again, but when I think about having a little cuddly infant again I'm willing to give up the sleep.

Kyson is very excited for his "bebe brover" and I can't wait to see the two of them interact. As you'll see below, he's now sleeping in a big boy bed. In about 4 weeks I'm going to cut the tip off his binkie and get rid of it! I don't think we'll get potty trained before, but that's okay. 

So that's it! Ten more weeks to go, and I have a list 20 items long of big projects that I want done before the baby comes...so it's go time!
28 weeks




2 comments:

Michele said...

I love reading this, I can totally relate. Ok just the first trimester... but i've been sick too. Unisom has been my best friend lately! Plus I like that it helps you sleep. I am really tired during the day too. I consider getting ready for the day a major accomplishment. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Glad you are feeling good!

Alicia and Roger said...

Try the swimming noodle under the sheet thing for Kyson's bed. Worked like a charm for Kendall, and we even put up the frame this week. She does have to use a stool to get into bed, but at least she is not falling out. Oh pregnancy. I bet we'll have our babies the same week. THIS LITTLE GIRL IS NOT COMING OUT ANYTIME SOON.