Kyson turned two on May 3. The day before I made this cake during nap time. When Kyson woke up I took him out to show it to him...and that was a mistake. He couldn't contain himself and started picking candy from off the train cars. Luckily I had some spare to refill the holes!
Blowing out candles was a hard concept for him to get. We practiced at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think he only succeeded once. He kept puckering his lips so the air would blow up instead of out to the candles. We got laughing so hard. Oh well, he had fun trying!
That night we went to Grandma and Grandpa Wyatt's to have a little birthday party. Don/Angie family and Roger/Alicia family were there to party with us.
Kyson got this cute hat from Angie that has a tractor on it, and he hasn't wanted to take it off since. He wants to sleep in it every nap time.
Things I want to remember about Kyson at this age:
1. He loves me and Clark and gives kisses, hugs and it's so fun being his best friend. I'm already sad for the day that I'm not his first choice in play mate.
2. He LOVES the farm and everything that has to do with farms, engines, or farm animals.
3. He loves his grandparents and frequent talks about both sets of them and wants to call them or go see them.
4. He sleeps 11-12 hours a night and takes a 2-3 hour nap each day.
5. He loves dip-dip. (which is anything that you dip in anything such as ketcup, his personal favorite, ranch, honey mustard, etc.
6. He loves running "fass" and loves to have races with us.
7. He knows that I have a baby in my stomach, I don't think he gets it, but he loves babies and always wants to hold them...at least for a couple seconds!
8. When he gets an ouchie he wants a kiss better. This however was getting a little extreme and we were afraid we were raising a wimp, so we now tell him to be tough and grunt when he gets hurt.
9. He is very much into personalizing everything, such as "Kyson's cup" "Mommies shirt" "Daddy's slide" "Grandpa's 4-wheeler," He wants to know what belongs to everyone, and has started saying "mine" a lot more than I would prefer. So we are working on sharing!
10. I could go on and on, but he is the joy of our lives and we are so glad that we have him!!!
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KYSON!!!! We miss you buddy!
Post a Comment