This past semester has been the hardest time I can remember in my life. I am WORN OUT. I am so UNMOTIVATED. I can't do it much longer. I am gone to clinical for 31 hours each week. On my days home I play with Kyson, and do homework frantically while he naps. I also try to clean the bathrooms, pick up after Kyson, go grocery shopping, plan and prepare meals, and occasionally shower.
Clark is amazing and has told me that I'm not to do any laundry, dusting or vaccuming until I graduate...and he's been good on his word. I haven't touched any of those things since January. He is saving me...and I'm so grateful to him!
It's also that depressing time of year when the weather is yucky and there are no fun things to look forward to. I sleep 8-9 hours a night, wake up still feeling tired. I go to bed at 8:30 at night.
To illustrate my point, I will give you a glimpse of my conversation with Clark the other night.
It's dinner time...
Katie: I have so much to do, I just don't know how I'm going to get it all done!!!!
Later on when Clark gets home from his basket ball game at 8:00 and finds me curled up in a recliner with a non-school related book.
Clark: What are you doing Kate??? Shouldn't you be studying?? I thought you had a lot to do!
Katie: I know, I know, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
This is not an isolated event. It has been happening ALL THE TIME! I have so much to do, yet can't get pumped up to do it! It will be a miracle if I graduate!
On a lighter note...I passed my oral thesis defense and my last standardized patient exam yesterday!!! So the only thing that will keep me from graduating now is if I don't complete my clinical hours or if I don't keep up with my weekly online assignments.
If I could draw a self portrait of myself....this is what it would look like!
Only 9 more weeks...I'm crawling...and I emphasize CRAWLING towards the finish line. Wish me luck!

7 comments:
Oh Katie, you are amazing!!! I would have been out the minute I had a baby. You are so close and you'll never regret doing it! I'm totally cheering you on-good luck these last few weeks!
Katie I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I don't have school to worry about and I still feel like that sometimes, I just blame it on being a mom and that I have the right to be worn out and unmotivated sometimes, it's not like I get a day off, right, it is a 24/7 job so being tired and unmotivated sometimes I think just goes along with the territory. But it is definatly worth it!!! And all those mom's reading this that have more than one child are laughing at us right now thinking we haven't seen anything yet at least Don reminds me of that whenever he gets a chance!:) I love ya and if it makes you feel any better I feel that way probably more than I care to admit and I don't have much else to do but be a mom so give yourself some slack your doing amazing for all you have to do!
Katie you are almost there! You better let us help you. We will pray for you!
I had to come read your post after talking to you. And I have to agree with the comments above. You are doing amazing, MUCH better than I would do, and like Paige said I think it comes with the territory of being a mom. And it is just that time of year. Since being a mom I have noticed that when February rolls around I feel the same way as you explained. Sluggish and unmotivated! Once spring and summer get here life is so much more colorful! I'm hoping a little sunshine/vitamin D this weekend along with a little exercise and chat with a good friend will give us a boost :)
I was reading this last comment, and completely agree ( I actually agree with everyone!)
Here's something you've probably heard before, YOU ARE AWESOME!!! It's true. And I think you're pretty funny, at least for that photo you put up. It made me giggle ;) I miss you Katie Wyatt!!!
Love you, Kate. I look up to you so much. I just had a picture of mom saying...you can do hard things. haha. You are inspiring to me. You can do it, sis.
Good Luck you are doing awesome I can't imagine doing school and having having a toddler running around. You must be wonder women! My older sister graduates from BYU FNP program in August and is having her first baby next month. Good luck and you are sooooo close!
Post a Comment