Clark and I have been trying to make a keep a budget since we got married 2 1/2 years ago. We've come close many times, but it seems like we always go just a little over on food, dates, household expenses, just the little stuff. Now that we changed from both of us working down to only one person working, it has been even harder to keep the budget, because our budget is so tight!
Clark had been venting his budget frustration to a guy in the bishopric that he works with after church, and the guy told us about mint.com. We tried it and....it's awesome. It is made by the same people who do turbo tax, and it has revolutionized our budgeting. You put your bank account info in and it automatically sorts all your purchases into categories. So I can get on and it tells me how much I've spent on food, clothes, gas, etc. It also shows you trends from month to month. You tell it how much you want to spend on everything each month, and it will send you alerts if you are only half way through the month and have spent too much so far.
It also has an app for i phones and i pod touches, so when I'm at the store, I can pull out my touch and check how much money I've spent on everything, so I can know if I can buy something or not. It's quick, it's easy, it's wonderful!
Oh yeah, and the best part...it's free.
Anyways, just thought I'd share this awesome website, maybe it will help someone else out there. It was one of my new years resolutions to keep the budget for 3 months in a row. So now I just have to keep March and April!

6 comments:
Thanks for sharing! :)
Looks like a good idea for all of us. Somehow keeping a budget gets lost in the rush of life! To have some way of being reminded of how close you are to spending it all helps. Thanks again for the cute pictures of Kyson and your family! We love you and miss you Mom & Grandma Wyatt
I set us up. But I need you to call Roger and assure him the site is legit.
that sounds really cool I'll have to tell Devin!
I'm so glad you shared this Katie. We got all set up too. I think it looks like a great way to keep a budget! And congrats on keeping yours! It's one thing to have a budget and another to keep it!
Jordan and I have used mint for over a year and we love it. It is safe as far as I know and it is great to keep you on budget and helping set new financial goals.
Post a Comment