I am recording this story down so I remember it someday. I was feeding Kyson when all of a sudden I felt a warm sensation trickling down the front of me and saw that somehow a stream of urine had escaped his diaper and was all over him and me. "No problem" I thought, "He needs a bath anyways." So, even though Clark was at class, I figured I could handle giving him a bath on my own. I got everything ready and put him in his baby bath in the big bath tub. However, he is one slippery seal in that baby bath. So it was all I could do to keep him upright and clean him with my other hand. I was getting pretty wet from the water because by this time I am practically in the bathtub too. And suddenly the shower curtain falls on us, I use one hand to keep him afloat, and the other one to deflect the shower curtain away from Kyson. It was hysterical. I finished his bath and got him cleaned up, and luckily Clark came home soon and put the shower curtain back up and took Kyson so I could shower. It was one of those moments that I guess every new mom has when she first tries to bath a newborn on her own!
11 comments:
What fun, watching your son grow and explore his new toys and get to know his parents again. You must be taking good care of him he looks great and is growing fast! He is going to be a handsome little guy! It was good to see him on skype but I have to admit it is just not as good and holding him! You both are doing great keep up the good work and Clark take care of your health. I think you are the only one that can really take control of that.
He is so cute. I love his eyes!! Your story is hilarious. Some of those moments all you can do is laugh!
Haha Katie, that's hilarious! For some reason I can totally picture that happening to you! I'm sure you are an awesome mom!
How funny! Welcome to parenthood. Those kind of things will keep happening-it seems like almost every day some crazy thing happens around our place. Hey I have to say, in the last picture with his toy, he looks just like your dad Katie!! Holy Cow, you will have to do a comparison to your dad's baby picture. We miss you guys!
HA HA! I saw that last picture and thought I was having daja vu! But it is because the picture I'm familiar with is of Jonah! YAY for adorable baby boys! He is gorgeous Kate!
OH and PS...it sounds like he...or you...is on his way to his own temple story...naked with things fallen...very nice!
Katie I told you my biggest fear about being a new mom is giving my new born a bath! This proves it, it a rough task! Kyson is such a cutie and we can hardly wait to see him! Love you guys!
I love that bath story! He is such a cutie! I love his little pajamas with the cars on them. So cute!
That is such a funny story. Yes welcome to being a mom. Some moments can become very crazy! We watched the video you guys gave Roy and Brenda last night and it was making me cry! What a fun thing to have to remember his birth! Clark did a great job putting it together. I loved the music he chose. The only problem was it made me really want to see you guys and hold Kyson!!!
aahh he is SO CUTE!!! Haha nice story- it kinda reminded me of the one time you were trying to rinse out a bed pan in clinicals. classic.
I've heard before if both you and the baby can survive the first month- you can survive anything! You're doing great!
Post a Comment