Monday, February 15, 2010

He's Great

Clark built and stained these shelves to go in our bathroom while I was at work one day
Golfing in Rexburg Summer 2007

I am giving in...I know it's late, but I am posting about my Valentine...I've been wanting to do a post about Clark ever since he figured out how to post on the blog and put up that last picture of me in goggles! However, all I can think of lately is how great Clark is and how grateful I am for him.

On Valentines Day of 2007 Clark and I were both in the BYU-Idaho Library, and had both been there all night. We had been playing on the same basketball team, so we knew each other as friends, but that was it. However, on this Valentines Day he took the plunge and passed me a Shrek Valentine that had a poem written on it. It was quite the move! (I found the valentine the other day when I was cleaning out my backpack, it made me smile, and it is now taped in my journal!)

Some of my favorite things about Clark are:

-He loves fixing things, if I tell him something is broken, it will be fixed by the end of the day. It doesn't matter what it takes, he finds a way to fix it.
-He is SO clean, and he is so good about doing things around the house because I'm working and doing school right now. I honestly can't remember the last time I did the laundry on my own. He has cleaned the bathroom the last three months, and I often come home from work to him vacuuming and dusting.
-He wakes up at 5:15 every morning that I work and makes me breakfast and packs me a lunch while I get ready for work.
-He is taking classes that are really difficult for him, but he is doing so well, he is such a hard worker, and never gives up.
-I think I startle him when I wake up every two hours to go to the bathroom, but each time he asks in a very groggy voice "is everything okay, what can I do?" It always makes me smile!
-He is excited to be a dad, he was really worried about the mattress that I had gotten for the crib, and thought that it was too soft. So, we took it back to the store, and he pulled down each type of mattress, laid them all on the floor of the store, and he laid on each of them in turn until he decided on one that was suitable for our little guy. (Of course the one that Clark said was the good one was also one of the more expensive ones, but after he had put so much thought into it, I didn't have the heart to try to dissuade him.)
Here's a flash back to 2007 Summer




Picture for his Dental School Application...so handsome!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Well Clark you ought to have a big head after all those kind words! Katie I'm sure you are working hard and pregnant too! You guys make a good team. We love you and are excited for that new little boy! Roy & Brenda

Jill said...

I love you guys!! I miss our Rexburg days! Clark was always pulling for me, so I have to agree he is a great guy! You two are awesome :)

Tarisa said...

That is a craftsman. It's pretty crazy he's getting all ready for the big dental school stuff!

The Wyatt's said...

Good job Clark. I'm glad you are taking good care of Katie. Being pregnant is not easy. You two are troopers and both such hard workers. I can't wait to meet your little guy. You are getting so close. We are thinking of you both and hope you are feeling better. I like the dating pictures too. 2007 sounds like such a long time ago. It's crazy that you have been together for that long!