Monday, August 17, 2009

One Year!!



Well, Clark and I passed the one year mark! When we got married my old roommate, Christina Yamaguchi, sent us a present and a card that told me to not listen to what everyone said about the first year being terrible and that the first year was great.

I COMPLETELY agree with her, the past year has been the best of my life and I can't wait for this next one! Here's a little bit of our story:

Clark and I met on a Co-ed basketball team at BYU-Idaho in January 2007.

We dated a lot that semester, but both thought that he would be in California for the summer.

The California internship fell through and the next day someone in Rexburg called him and offered him an internship in Rexburg.

That summer was the funnest of my life, I was reading in my journal last night about it and I wrote "I love being with Clark so much, I'm having a hard time focusing on school!" So true, It's a wonder I made it through nursing school!

We dated until May of 2008 (there were one or two break ups:), when we got engaged and married in August 2008.

And now we're in Texas...Who'd have thought!

6 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

I can't believe it's been a year! You two make a great team. Luv ya. Angie

Susan said...

Wow I can't believe it has been a year! That is great and it's true the first year can be wonderful!

She Loves To Make said...

Happy one year! I agree with you...the first year is great! Isn't it crazy how life sends you in the craziest places? I'm sure you never pictured yourself in Texas (I know I never pictured myself in Arkansas haha) But it's all exciting :)

Heather said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year! We're so glad you guys found each other. We miss you, but glad you're enjoying your adventure in Texas!

Tarisa said...

That's awesome! It's pretty cool you get to look forward to enternity!

mattie said...

good ol' yama always had the best advice. haha. congrats on making it to a year! if the first year was that great, the rest will be even better!