
Gingerbread Pancakes
Serves 4 adults
2 ½ cups flour
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
1 cup light molasses (or grandma’s original molasses)
¾ cup water
1/3 cup melted butter
1 egg
Mix wet ingredients first, then add dry ingredients
Mix and cook on greased griddle
Serve with sliced bananas and whipped cream
This is such a yummy recipe, and it so fun around Christmas. This year we also tried it with raspberries and blueberries on top along with the bananas and it was delicious.
Warning: These pancakes are very filling. Two of these are you are set for the day!
3 comments:
What fun pictures! We had a great Christmas this year and those gingerbread pancakes were a big hit! You are right Katie I think even one of them filled me up. That's for the nose warmers and sharing some new traditions with us. Clark how is the cut hand? thanks for all your help during the holdidays.
I Love you Mom Brenda
Clark I thought I taught you to be careful with knives! It just goes to show not everything you teach your children is remembered. Some things just have to be learned the hard way! It was fun seeing you both in the temple yesterday! Good luck with your Chemistry Clark
Katie next time you are incharge of the movie. and Thanks for the icecream
These look awesome! I love pancakes with a twist. I'm definitely going to try these. Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment