
I just wanted to post a little blurb because I submitted my last paper on Wednesday night and the semester ended on Thursday. I'm graduated. I didn't go back and walk though because I walked when I graduated from nursing school. We later found out that President Uchtdorf was speaking at the commencement and we wished we were going. I've learned a lot while I was going to school, and most of it had nothing to do with nursing.
Up at BYU Idaho I learned who I really was when no one else was around me. Growing up I had always been surrounded with friends and family and it was a good lesson for me to learn who I was when I was standing alone.
The second thing I learned was that I can be friends with many different types of people. I lived with awesome roommates all three years that I was on campus. I loved my roommates and realized that everyone has something incredible to offer, sometimes we don't see it though because we don't get to know a person enough to realize what they have to offer.
Lastly, I realized how much I love my family. In high school I was a social butterfly. I would get so mad with my mom if she wouldn't let me go and hang out with my friends every Friday and Saturday night. I went to college and missed my family like crazy. I realized how smart my mom and dad really are and how much I love my siblings.
So for many reasons, I am very grateful for the education I have gotten. I love being a nurse, but even more I love the lessons I learned while going to college at BYU Idaho.
5 comments:
Congratulations Katie! That is so great!
Yay Katie! I'm so happy for you that you are done. I loved school too, but it is really stressful and busy. I hope you guys had fun in Utah over the weekend.
You are amazing! (and very insightful) Congrats again, girl! Love you!
Yeah! Congrats! I know you have really been working hard. What a wonderful accomplishment! Way to go! I liked your post. It is true that college is a great time to learn and grow so much. Now you're on to the next phase of life and there are plenty of learning and growing opportunities ahead also. It's great. Hopefully you can have more time to just relax now. We can't wait to hang out with you guys next week! Love, Angie
Way to go Katie! We are so pleased that you were able to reach yet another goal. We are grateful to have you in our family! Clark is especially happy to have you as his eternal companion! See you soo Love Mom Brenda
Post a Comment